Monthly Archives: January 2021
Read more »
One of our favorite recipes for making fresh pasta at home. Simple ingredients but it does require a pasta roller unless you have hands ready to roll and curl hundreds of shells.
- 3 cups of flour
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb ricotta
- Mix all ingredients together (using your hand, a spoon, or a mixer - my son uses a food processor).
- Apply a liberal amount of flour to your counter.
- Knead dough in a ball a few times, then leave it on the floured counter to rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll out dough to a quart inch thickness.
- Using a knife, make quarter-inch long strips.
- If you have the cavatelli pasta roller - feed the strips through